As Jews and a caring community, SDOS is committed to Tikkun Olam - repairing our world.
Join us in our many volunteering opportunities below!
* Safe Parking Dinners - SDOS volunteers prepare meals periodically for 60 clients at the Jewish Family Service (JFS) Safe Parking Program, which provides secure overnight parking and social services for unsheltered people living in their cars.
* Holiday Food Drives - SDOS collects non-perishable canned/packaged food for JFS HandUp Food Pantry at our Community Passover Seders and High Holy Days services.
* Holiday Gift Collection - SDOS collects gifts (or donations toward purchasing gifts) in December for schoolchildren from families in need.
* Sustainability Initiative - Led by Lana Schaffer, our "Sustainability Chair". SDOS has been using earth-friendly, reusable and recyclable utensils and containers for the JFS Safe Parking meals that we prepare, and for our potluck dinners at previous and future in-person Shabbat services.
* Pride Shabbat (Friday, July 17) - In support of our LGBTQ+ members and the San Diego LGBTQ+ community, SDOS will be holding a special Pride Shabbat musical service via Zoom on Friday, July 17 at 7:00 PM. Watch our website and your email for details.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
To volunteer on our Tikkun Olam Committee or for an Event, please complete the contact form below: